By Gregory Mertz · Washington DC, United States · 04/05/14
URGENT REQUEST: Boycott Mozilla -- Join citizens from around the world in taking the pledge to uninstall the Firefox web browser and to stop using all other Mozilla (Firefox) products. Together, let our statement be heard: “We do not support companies that do not support freedom of speech and conscience rights”
Brendan Eich, the (now former) CEO of Mozilla -- which created and maintains the Firefox web browser – was forced to resign for supporting the true definition of marriage, a legal union between 1 man and 1 woman.
Eich donated $1000 to a campaign formed to protect the definition of marriage in California. LGBT groups publicized this information and called on the Mozilla Corporation Board of Directors to fire Eich.
Mozilla caved to the request of the LGBT group by forcing Eich to resign. Join the No-zilla pledge and let your voice be heard.
ADDITIONAL REQUEST: Below are detailed instructions on how to uninstall Firefox. We must hit them where it hurts, please uninstall immediately. At the conclusion of the uninstall process, it will ask you if you would like to provide them feedback. We ask you to provide the following message “I refuse to support a company that does not support freedom of speech and conscience rights” -- you can also include an additional message.
How to uninstall Firefox (Windows)
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select Exit
- Click the Start Menu and select Control Panel. The Control Panel window will open.
- In the Control Panel window, click the Uninstall a program link under the Programs section.
- From the list of currently installed programs, select Mozilla Firefox.
- To begin the uninstall, click the Uninstall button at the top of the list.
- In the Mozilla Firefox Uninstall Wizard that opens, click Next.
- Click Uninstall.
- If Firefox is still open, you must close Firefox to proceed with the uninstall.
- If you want to remove your Firefox user data and settings, put a check mark in the box that says Remove my Firefox personal data and customizations. If you select this option, Firefox will not preserve your bookmarks, saved passwords, and other data if it is installed again.
- To provide feedback on your Firefox experience to the development team, select Tell us what you thought of Firefox.
How to uninstall Firefox (Mac)
1. Open Finder
2. Go to Applications
3. Drag the Firefox application to the trash
Sign this petition now!
Petition to: Mozilla Corporation Board of Directors