PETITION TO Mr. Andrew Scheer and Mr. Maxime Bernier
I Choose to Vote Pro-Life
I Choose to Vote Pro-Life
When it comes to defending our most fundamental human right - upholding the sanctity of human life from conception to natural death, Canada's aspiring federal leaders (for the most part) score a failing grade. Even those considered "conservative" appear unwilling to fully assert the value and virtue of human life at its most vulnerable stages.
Here is a brief sampling of what our main party leaders have to say on the issue of abortion (the legal killing of a preborn child):
- Justin Trudeau (Liberal Party): "The policy going forward is that every single Liberal MP will be expected to stand up for women's rights to choose."
- Jagmeet Singh (New Democratic Party): "The NDP are very clear that there’s no debate on whether a woman has a right to choose."
- Elizabeth May (Green Party): "This is not debatable. We have a very, very strong and clear policy that we will never retreat one inch from the right of every Canadian woman for a legal, safe abortion. There is no ambiguity here. None."
- Andrew Scheer (Conservative Party): "I will not reopen this debate. I will oppose measures or attempts to reopen this debate, and Canadians can have confidence of that."
- Maxime Bernier (People's Party): "I have said I would not personally reopen that debate but I am open to it if MPs want to debate it, and would allow a free vote if an MP tables a private member’s bill on the issue."
- Rod Taylor (Christian Heritage Party): "The CHP [is] the only party with a clear and consistent policy of protecting 'innocent human life from conception until natural death'"
During this critical election season, we need to send a clear and strong message to our would-be leaders that the existing abortion status quo (legal killing through all nine months of pregnancy) is absolutely unacceptable. We need to let them know that the LIFE issue is a critical issue that will influence how Canadians vote and whom they choose as their next prime minister.
We are directing this petition to the attention of the two main "conservative" contenders who are currently weak on upholding the right to life: Mr. Andrew Scheer and Mr. Maxime Bernier. We are asking them to champion this cause and take up a leading, principled position on this issue.
The more pro-life Canadians sign this petition, the more these two leaders will know that this issue matters - and the less intimidated they will be by those loud, leftist voices in the media.
Please join me in signing and sharing this important petition. The future of our country is at stake!
LifeChain Demonstrations on Oct. 6th, 2019
On Sunday, October 6th, pro-life Canadians in communities all across this country will have the chance to demonstrate their commitment to the right to life in a tangible way. "Life Chain" demonstrations will be taking place in small towns and big cities everywhere. Come out and take a stand - and invite your local political candidates to join you!
Current list of LifeChain locations and times: https://www.campaignlifecoalition.com/hot-news/id/487