Petition to: The Secretary of State for Education - The Rt Hon Gillian Keegan MP
Keep trans ideology out of our schools
Keep trans ideology out of our schools
Should schools be able to force children to celebrate LGBT+ Pride parades?
The Central London County Court has dismissed a Christian family’s claim of discrimination against their child’s former school, Heavers Farm, for forcing him to participate in an LGBT+ Pride Parade.
The case is just the latest in a long list of stories highlighting the need for the government to clamp down on inappropriate teaching in schools.
On that front, the government has promised a review into “age-inappropriate” and “extreme” Relationships and Sex Education. The Secretary of State for Education, Gillian Keegan, has also promised to publish transgender guidance for schools before the Summer recess on 20 July – something which was secured with our victory in the case of Nigel and Sally Rowe.
However, since these pledges were announced, shocking incidences of parents and teachers being punished for not kowtowing to transgender ideology have continued to come to light:
- A philosophy and religious education teacher was left humiliated after being forced to apologise to pupils at a private girls' school for calling them girls.
- A distressed mother was reported to social services as a safeguarding concern by her daughter's school because she objected to the school 'socially transitioning' her daughter, by using a boy's name and he/him pronouns.
- A child was given a two-day ‘inclusion’ (two full days in solitary confinement) for stating her belief that homosexuality is a sin despite being asked for her opinion by a teacher and the school being a Church of England school
These cases represent just a small snapshot of what is happening at schools across the UK and why the government must follow through with its promises to bring forward reforms.
The upcoming transgender guidance for schools, which is due to be published before the Summer, must contain robust protections for children expressing their views; for parents who know their child best; and for teachers who have been punished and, in many cases, lost their jobs for holding gender critical views.
Join us in asking the Education Secretary to ensure the upcoming trans guidance for schools:
- Will ban schools from being able to 'socially transition' a child. Children cannot legally change their sex and can only change their name with the permission of a parent or once they turn 16
- Will place a duty on schools to notify parents of all external groups that will have contact with their child, regardless of the context, whether it be an assembly, school club or timetabled lesson
- Will introduce measures that ensure external bodies that provide teaching or material for RSE are approved by an appropriate authority, which puts the safeguarding of children first, and that all of the material they use in schools is published in full and publicly available. This will help to ensure that all teaching and materials used in schools are appropriate and can be reviewed by parents
- Will place a duty on schools to notify parents when any material from external groups is being used as supplementary material for RSE. This will enable parents to have a greater understanding of the material their child is being exposed to and enable them to have conversations with their child about it.
- Will instruct schools to maintain access to single sex changing rooms and toilets for all pupils across all ages
- Will tell schools they cannot teach that there are more than two genders or that individuals can be born in the wrong gender.
Help us to protect children from this harmful and insidious ideology, to support distressed parents who have been vilified and had their concerns dismissed, and to stand alongside teachers who have lost their jobs and their livelihoods.
Sign our petition to the Education Secretary urging her to include our sensible proposals in the upcoming transgender guidance for schools.
This petition is written by Christian Concern (CGPE230426).
If you choose the option 'Keep me informed about this and other campaigns from Christian Concern' we will email you about this and other news updates. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time.