Don't ban Glawdys Leger: Teachers shouldn't be forced to 'teach' extreme LGBT ideology
A Christian teacher could be banned from teaching for life for refusing to promote extreme LGBT ideologies at a Church of England secondary school.
Glawdys Leger was sacked by Bishop Justus CofE School in Bromley, Kent, and reported to the Teaching Regulation Agency for refusing to ‘teach’ 11-year-old children they could be born in the wrong body or that they may have a “gay heart” hidden within them.
Parents send their children to Church of England schools expecting Christian values to be upheld rather than promoting extreme and harmful LGBT ideologies.
But, despite her efforts to uphold Christian values and protect children, Glawdys faces the possibility of being removed from the teaching register.
The Christian teacher, who had been a specialist Modern Foreign Languages teacher for 12 years before her brutal dismissal, believes she has been “treated like a dangerous criminal” throughout the whole ordeal.
Teachers like Glawdys shouldn't be treated like criminals for refusing to teach impressionable children they can be born in the wrong body.
Sign our petition now, urging Gillian Keegan, The Secretary of State for Education, to ensure Glawdys Leger is not banned from teaching.
Tragically, this isn't an isolated case:
- Kristie Higgs lost her job at one school for expressing concern over the LGBT teaching at a different school attended by her sons
- Joshua Sutcliffe was an exemplary maths teacher but lost his job for ‘misgendering’ a student
- Ben Dybowski was asked to share his views on the Christian view of marriage during a teachers' training day and was then sacked for doing so.
Teachers shouldn’t lose their jobs and their livelihoods for refusing to teach or promote harmful LGBTI ideologies in schools, but it'll keep happening unless we take action now.
Add your voice to our petition, calling on Gillian Keegan, The Secretary of State for Education, to ensure Glawdys Leger is free to teach.
By signing our petition, there's a chance we can turn this awful situation around.
The UK Government is facing increasing pressure to reform sex education for the better, so momentum is on our side. A large number of signatures will add to this mounting pressure, forcing the government to act.
If our petition is successful, Glawdys will be able to return to teaching, and a precedent will be set to protect other teachers from losing their jobs over this issue. The government could also issue robust guidance on sex education, giving parents their rights back.
But we need to act fast, and we need as many signatures as possible to make an impact.
Please sign our urgent petition asking Gillian Keegan, The Secretary of State for Education, to ensure Glawdys Leger is free to teach. Let's protect her and others from promoting extreme and harmful ideologies.
- Teacher sacked by CofE school after refusing to teach ‘extreme’ LGBT lessons [Telegraph]
- Christian teacher faces losing career for refusing to teach extreme LGBTQI lessons in Church of England school [Christian Concern]
- Church of England school sacks foreign languages teacher, 43, who refused to teach 'extreme' LGBT lessons [Mail]