It's #NotOver! Tell the White House to protect women's health and safety!
As human rights activists and former abortion industry workers, we know the deplorable conditions of unregulated women's health centers. We are asking the White House to call on Congress to act to ensure that abortion facilities meet the standards of Ambulatory Surgical Centers in light of current health inspections, previously suppressed, documenting the unethical and criminal abuses in Texas abortion facilities:
- RN unlicensed to dispense medication
- Unsanitary ultrasound probes
- Illegal abortions on minors
- No infection risk protocols
- Unsterile instruments being used woman to woman
This petition is in response to the U.S. Supreme Court's decision to put politics ahead of the safety and health of women who find themselves inside an unregulated abortion facility. On June 27th, the Supreme Court decided in favor of unsanitary, unsafe, and unhealthy abortion facilities with abortion doctors unable to admit women suffering from a botched abortion in those facilities.
Abby Johnson of ATTWN ministries has been releasing documents, dating as recently as October of 2015 which shows how Texas clinics failed to regulate abortion clinics.
We need abortion clinics to be held to the same standards as all other ambulatory centers, because:
- To require a facility performing invasive, medical procedures on a woman to meet the standards of an ambulatory surgical center is a no-brainer.
- Every woman undergoing a highly invasive surgery should be assured by law that it being performed safely, and that the doctor has admitting privileges at a local hospital in case something goes wrong. Why would anyone – especially women – fight a good law that's designed to protect them?
- Texans should have full freedom to prioritize women's health and safety over the bottom line of abortionists.
- The Supreme Court was wrong to strike down a common-sense law that contains requirements and protections ensuring the maximum amount of safety for women.
- Abortionists should not be exempt from medical requirements that everyone else is required to follow. This is a dangerous ruling for women.
- Abortion businesses shouldn't get a free pass to put women's health in danger. They must be held to the same health and safety standards for invasive surgery as everyone else.
Women have been treated as second class citizens when it comes to the basic standards of health care for far too long. It is time for ALL women to demand better treatment and better regulations.
We deserve much better than what the Supreme Court has given us. We won't stop until that is exactly what we have received. It's not over, friends.
Sign the petition calling on the White House and Congress to take action to protect women's health and safety!
Sign this petition now!
A call on Congress to act to ensure abortion facilities meet the standards of ambulatory surgical centers