- a) Introduction
- b) Identity and contact information of the responsible body
- c) Purpose and legal grounds for processing
- d) Data Security
- e) Children
- f) Cookies
- g) Data Tracking URL
- h) Links to Other Web Sites
- i) Recipients of personal data
- j) Access to and correction of your personal information
- k) Rights
This policy applies only to information collected through the Site (CitizenGO), and does not apply to information gathered through other affiliated websites, third party web sites or third party applications that can be redirected to our Site or may be accessible from our Site. This policy also applies to the contact from outside the web ("offline") between you and CitizenGO.
b) Identity and contact information of the responsible body
In accordance with article 13 of the (EU) regulation 2016/179, General Data Policy Regulation (hereinafter called "GDPR"), CitizenGO would like to inform you that personal data given through the online forms available on our platform will be incorporated in a data handling register. Responsible for the handling of personal data and registration holder is CitizenGO.
If you have any questions concerning data protection, you may contact us by using the contact form at www.citizengo.org/en/contact.
c) Purpose and legal grounds for processing
Along with the information you provide us with, we collect certain additional information to help us improve our campaigns and to be able to better fulfill our shared mission of closing the gap between the world that we have got and the world that the majority of people would like to have.
The personal data obtained through the site will be used for the following purposes:
- Register a user or member of the CitizenGO community: CitizenGO will use the data that you put in the online forms in order to register you and allow you to take advantage of the benefits that a user or member of the CitizenGO community has. The basis for legitimacy that allows CitizenGO to legally handle your data for this purpose is consent, in accordance with article 6.1 of the GDPR. We inform you that you can withdraw the consent for this purpose at any time without prejudice to your state as user or member of CitizenGO.
- Manage the petition that you create with the purpose of publishing and sending it to the addressee to whom it is directed: CitizenGO uses data that you enter into the site to allow you to disseminate the campaign and share it with your friends, family and other people. In the case that a petition generates significant support, CitizenGO may publish it within its community. Additionally, CitizenGO may provide addressees with a summary of your campaigns.The basis for legitimacy allowing CitizenGO to legally handle your data for this purpose is consent, in accordance with article 6.1 of the GDPR.
- To put the creator of a campaign in contact with the campaign signers for the purpose of keeping the campaign active: In cases where you sign a campaign, CitizenGO will provide the member who started the campaign with your email address so that he or she can contact you and garner support. The basis for legitimacy which allows CitizenGO to legally handle your data for this purpose is consent, in accordance with article 6.1 of the GDPR.
- To sign other campaigns that are suggested on the platform and to support them in order to fulfill their objectives: CitizenGO processes your data in order to allow you and/or enable you to sign CitizenGO petitions and petitions of other users and to support their campaigns. The basis for legitimacy which allows CitizenGO to legally handle your data for this purpose is consent, in accordance with article 6.1 of the GDPR.
- To send you eletronic marketing communication about other campaigns that we think may be of interest to you: CitizenGO uses your personal data to send you communication via email as well as thank-you messages and other messages on behalf of the author of the petition; communication related to the petition which you signed and other petitions that may interest you; articles about specific topics or about CitizenGO: communication about financial support for specific causes or collective financing (crowdfunding) of a specific campaign; communication about the possibility to convert a one-time donation for CitizenGO into a monthly one; if you provide us with your telephone number or your postal address, although this is not obligatory, we may contact you via telephone, sms or post about topics related to the donation programme, or to inform you about other ways in which you can support our campaigns; or invitations to CitizenGO events. The majority of the marketing communication is sent via email and occasionally through social media. The basis for legitimacy which allows CitizenGO to legally handle your data for this purpose is consent, in accordance with article 6.1 of the GDPR.
- To send eletronic communication through the site to the addressees of the petition in order to communiate more personally with them about your petition: CitizenGO uses your personal data to establish contact via email with the addressees of the petitions you sign such as for instance political leaders. The basis for legitimacy which allows CitizenGO to legally handle your data for this purpose is consent, in accordance with article 6.1 of the GDPR.
- To offer IT support in case of any problem with the site that you experience: CitizenGO processes the data you enter into the site in order to provide you with IT support that will resolve any technical incidence you may find while using our site. The basis for legitimacy which allows CitizenGO to legally handle your data for this purpose is consent, in accordance with article 6.1 of the GDPR.
- Conduct surveys which allow CitizenGO to streamline its campaigns and activities: CitizenGO may use the data that you enter in the surveys in which you participate to be able to streamline and carry out new campaigns based on your interests. The basis for legitimacy which allows CitizenGO to legally handle your data for this purpose is consent, in accordance with article 6.1 of the GDPR. We inform you that CitizenGO never obliges its users to complete surveys.
The personal data which is gathered for the aforementioned purposes will be retained while you continue being a user or member of CitizenGO. Once the aforementioned period ends, CitizenGO informs you that it will keep your personal data blocked for 5 years with the only aim to fulfill responsibilities of any kind that may arise. Your data will be deleted once those responsibilities expire.
d) Data Security
When you provide CitizenGO with your personal information, we take all necessary steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and confidentially. Unfortunately, no data transmission through the internet can ever be guaranteed as 100% safe. For this reason, CitizenGO has implemented adequate technical and organisational measures to guarantee the security of your personal data and prevent its destruction, loss, unlawful access or unlawful alteration. These measures were taking after taking into account criteria such as the reach, context and the purpose of data handling, technical conditions and the existing risks.
Additionally, the user is responsible for maintaining confidentiality of the password he or she uses when accessing different areas of our site, whether he or she has provided it or we have supplied the member with said password. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
CitizenGO does not request or collect personal identification information about children. Visitors to the page who are under the age of 16 years old should seek assistance from their parents or legal guardians when using the Site and should not provide any personal identification information to the Site. For example, visitors under the age of 16 years old should not make donations, provide their name, address, contact information or other information or use the CitizenGO mail tool.
See more detail about the Cookies Policy of CitizenGO.
g) Data Tracking URL
URLs addresses Referred to in emails may contain an ID that enables us to recognize the person taking actions on our website. We use these URLs to simplify the process of signing petitions and completing surveys. Sometimes we display a shortened URL that refers to a longer URL with an ID. We do this to simplify the display, to prevent links from becoming broken when copied, and to ensure compatibility with email programs that do not handle long URLs. When a short URL address in shown in an email, you will be able to see the full URL in the address bar of your browser when you access the web page.
h) Links to Other Web Sites
i) Recipients of personal data
Your personal data may be disclosed to the following entities or persons, who may use it for their own purposes:
- The branches and local entities of the CitizenGO group who operate in certain countries. The branches and local offices may contact you if you reside in the relevant country as part the CitizenGO group's mission to build social movement that will create transforming change.
- HazteOir.org, with the registered address PO Box: Apartado Postal 61008, 28080, Madrid, Spain and CIF number G8306840, for the purpose of being able to keep you informed about their campaigns for life, family, and liberty.
- CitizenGO Inc, with the registered address 1101 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, Virgina, 22209, United States, for the purpose of being able to keep you informed about their campaigns for life, family, and liberty.
- Your first name, last name and email address, with the leaders and political representatives who are the addressees of the petitions you sign. If you would not like this information to be shared with the petition addressee, you should not sign the petition.
- Your first name, last name, your city of residence and/or postcode, your country, as well as the date and time when you signed will be shared with the person or the organisation who started the petition you have signed. This is extremely important for those who create petitions, in order to be able to demonstrate the legitimacy of the signatures to the petition addressee who they want to influence. If you would not like this information to be shared with the petition addressee, you should not sign the petition.
- If you sign a petition started by a nonprofit or other organisation, you will have the option to share your email address with this organisation in order to receive email updates (not through the platform) in case you consent to us sharing this data. These organisations are not members of CitizenGO and they are not affilliated in any way with CitizenGO. Allowing our users to interact directly with organisations, if said users accept said connection, is part of our objective, to help ensure that people are informed about causes that are important to them. We may withdraw access to this option for an organisation as a response to complaints of improper use.
Additionally, some entities subcontracted by CitizenGO may access personal data and information to help CitizenGO with the personal data handling and the quality of data processing. CitizenGO guarantees that said entities comply with those data protection regulation which directly apply.
CitizenGO is a global organisation. Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country in which we have an office or in which we use service providers, and by using the platform, you authorize the transfer of your personal information to countries outside of the one in which you reside, including the United States of Ameria, where data protection laws may be different from those of your country of residence. In certain circumstances tribunals and police authorities, regulatory agencies or safety authorities based in these other countries may have the right to access your personal information.
Some countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) are recognized by the European Commission as guarantors of an adequate level of data protection according to EEA regulation and the complete list of these countries can be found here https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission we have taken adequate measures such as contractual clauses like the ones adopted by the European Commission in order to protect your personal information.
j) Access to and correction of your personal information
You may review and update your personal information at any time by accessing the website and visiting your account profile page. If upon trying to log in, you are not able to do so because you have forgotten your password, you have the option to click the "Forgotten password" link and this will take you to a page where you provide your email address. You will then be sent an email with a link for single use only which will allow you to reestablish your password.
Users may exercise their rights to access, rectification, opposition, deletion and limitation with regards to CitizenGO. To do this, they simply send a written request, along with a copy of their national identification document or equivalent through our contact form. If the request does not meet the necessary requirements, CitizenGO can request rectification. If you find that your request has not been handled correctly, you may file a complaint at the Spanish Agency for Data Protection. The rights at your disposal as far as data protection is concerned are as follows:
What does it entail?
Right to access
Check what personal data CitizenGO handles
Right to rectification
Change the personal data which CitizenGO handles if they are incorrect.
Right to opposition
Ask CitizenGO not use their personal data for certain purposes
Right to deletion
Request that CitizenGO deletes their personal data
Right to limitation
Request that CitizenGO limits the handling of personal data
Right to file a claim at the appropriate authority
CitizenGO may revise or amend this policy at any time to its own discretion.
If we make any substantial changes in the way we collect or use personally identifiable information provided by users, we will post a notice on the Homepage of our Site, will include those changes on this page and notify you by email.